Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Bucket List Races

This morning, I ran in my first race of 2015, the Mardi Gras 5K (watch for the full recap tomorrow). In honor of this kickoff, I thought it would be fun to mention some of my dream races, the events on my running bucket list.  They may not be on my agenda this year, but hopefully I'll cross the finish line at all of the following races someday.


















1) Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay
First of all, a Disney cruise by itself would be pretty awesome, but what runner wouldn't want to  complete  a race on a  private Bahamian island? Sounds perfect to me.

2) Running Dead 100 Miler
Really any 100 miler would be an accomplishment for me, but running through Woodbury and other sights familiar to Rick and Co. on The Walking Dead is too hard to resist.

3) Boston Marathon
OK, let's be honest, this is the true definition of a "dream" race for me. I may never become elite enough for this one, but it's something to aspire to in the far future.

4) Walt Disney World Marathon
26.2 magical miles. Mickey Mouse and friends on course. Sweet race bling. The WDW Marathon is my goal for 2016.  Crossing this one off my list would make me a very happy mother runner.

5) Divas Half Marathon
Feather boas, tiaras, handsome hunks at the finish line...need I say more???


What are your "dream" races?

No comments:

Post a Comment