Monday, February 23, 2015

The Weekend That Was: 5 Awesome Things That Happened, Plus Some Monday Motivation!

Time for a quick recap of my weekend, plus a little Monday Motivation to get us all up and moving again!

My weekend was fantastic!  I got all of my favorite things in – running, pirates, Disney, new clothes, and ice cream (well, sort of...).  Here are the top 5 things that happened from Friday through Sunday.

1) I found a new running track.  I was super excited to discover that there is a little hidden track in a recreational area near my house.  I can’t believe that it’s been there, all this time, ready for my feet to hit its pavement!  It’s nothing fancy, but it seems uncrowded and within walking distance from my house.  Score!












2) I watched Black Sails. Mike has learned by now that I have a Saturday night date every week with my guilty pleasure TV show, Black Sails.  Since Sons of Anarchy (my previous go-to show) is over, Black Sails has filled that spot for me.  I’m addicted to the pirates, the sets, and basically everything about the darn show.  As I've said before, I get excited about the little things.  :)










3) We had breakfast with princesses.  As annual passholders for Walt Disney World, we frequently take the hour-long drive over to Orlando to spend the day at our favorite place.  Mike and I decided that we’d try something different this weekend, and I made reservations for the Princess Storybook Dining at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in EPCOT.  It was amazing!  The girls loved having one-on-one time with the princesses without having to wait in long lines and walking in the Princess Procession.  Oh, and did I mention that the food was great?!? We didn’t walk out of there hungry!  (Plus, we arrived at the same time that the Princess 10K was finishing up - bonus!)

















4) I received my first StitchFix box.  I’ve been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first StitchFix box.  StitchFix is a subscription service that pairs you with a stylist who sends you new clothes monthly (or more frequently, if you’d like) based upon your personal style profile.   Whatever you don’t like, you simply send back in an envelope that StitchFix provides.  It’s perfect for me, because, honestly, I just don’t have the time to go to the store to get any fresh updates for my wardrobe.  While I liked everything in the box, I absolutely loved two of the pieces, which I'll keep (the arrow-print blouse and the blue polka dot cross back top) – the other items will be going back today.  I can’t wait to see what comes next month!





5)  I exercised extreme willpower!!  On the way to pick up Taylor from her Girl Scout cookie booth, Mike, Emma, and I took a quick detour to Cold Stone Creamery.  I was so proud of myself – I ordered ice cream treats for everyone but myself.  I consider that a major achievement for me.  Just a few months ago, I would have asked for a pint of chocolate ice cream with brownies, M&Ms, and peanut butter cups mixed in – this time, I didn’t really even feel tempted.  Go, marathon training!






















And now, a little Monday Motivation…





























Today, I'm linking up with Running 'N' Reading's Weekend Update.  Go check out all of the other awesome weekend recaps too!












What was one fun thing that you did this weekend?
Do you have a busy week ahead?







4 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to go, Shannon; looks like you had an awesome weekend! Ice cream is the devil; I'm so impressed that you made it in and out of Coldstone Creamery without anything for yourself. You are officially my hero - ha! :) I keep saying that I'm going to try Stitch Fix and I just haven't done it; I think I already spend way too much on running clothes...yikes! Thanks so much for linking up with the blog today; hope you join us again soon and that your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - ice cream is the enemy! :) The amazing thing was that I managed to go into Cold Stone with a plan in mind to only order for my family, and I actually stuck with that plan. That rarely happens, lol! :)

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Stitch Fix would be awesome! I really don't like to shop (except for running stuff). It would be nice for someone else to handle that. Wow - that's willpower to order everyone ice cream but not yourself. I love Disney too but had all boys so we never had to do anything with princesses. Good luck as you continue training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my thing too - I really only like to go shopping for running goodies. Otherwise, I don't ever buy new clothes, so StitchFix seemed like the perfect way to update my wardrobe without stepping foot in any store. I like it so far! :)

      Have a great week!

      Delete